Friday, November 10, 2006

Spratt-Norman race

The numbers are listed in the link above.
But again, the numbers in the Spratt Norman race were a little screwy.
Florence County had, in its unofficial original numbers, listed Norman as having like seven votes, and Spratt lagging behind like 1,200 write-in votes.
I heard absolutely NOTHING about this, and I was shocked. Apparently the Norman camp said it was going to have a poll watcher at every precinct.
Why no fuss about apparently 1,200 write-in votes that is more than BOTH balloted candidates combined.
Well, the certification straightened it out, but I don't know why the ballots were put in the wrong columns.
Spratt won Florence County, Norman came in a respectable second, and the write-ins were in the double digits.
I will compare the results in this race to the analysis I did back in June/July for my paper, later on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing about some of the numbers in all races across the state.

What did you think about the electronic voting systems? I personally hate them.

SGuilfoyle said...

I think if they printed a double receipt, one for the voter to confirm what choices he made, and one inside the box, to be pulled LATER if necessary, I'd have no problem with the machines.

Because if you do a "recount" of an electronic ballot, why would you get anything different.

Just finished an old sci-fi book, from the '80s, in which the author makes a comment about electronic records are not records of anything.